Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life's like that!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009
an anecdote:

My telephone number ad that of the local delicatessen are one digit apart. One evening after i had set my answering machine on "monitor", a call came in and a woman's voice instructed, "I just ordered a roast-beef sandwich, and i forgot to tell you to make it lean."
Using the phone's call- back feature, i told the woman she had reached Otto Salamon, not the deli. "If you want that sandwich lean," I suggested, "you'd better call the right number."
The next day, a delivery boy appeared at my door with a neatly wrapped roast- beef sandwich labeled extra lean and a thank you card, signed, "A Grateful Stranger".

-otto salamon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging Gets Any Better ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates